Polaris acquires electric motorcycle business from Brammo
Jan 28, 2015 United States
Polaris Industries Inc has acquired the electric motorcycle business of Brammo Inc. In addition, Polaris is acting as a leading investor in a recapitalization of Brammo that enables the company to focus exclusively on the design, development and integration of electric vehicle power trains.
Fuel cell range extender doubles range of EVs
Jan 27, 2015 France
A Fuel cell range extender will be used in light commercial vehicles to double the daily range of battery powered vehicles, a significant improvement that makes hydrogen-powered electric vehicles more competitive in the automotive markets.
IDTechEx Research Subscribers
Electric Vehicle Motors Rise to Two per Vehicle - Creates $144 Billion
Jan 26, 2015 Worldwide
The motor market is doubling in value even over the underlying fast growth of the electric vehicle business, whether hybrid or pure electric.
Toyota to increase 'Mirai' production
Jan 26, 2015 Japan
Toyota Motor Corporation has announced that it will increase production of the "Mirai" fuel cell sedan.
Webinar 26 January - Supercapacitors Market Penetration: Progress
Jan 23, 2015 Worldwide
IDTechEx are hosting a free webinar on Monday 26 January 2015 discussing the progress surrounding supercapacitor penetration.
Hybrid and EV motor design uses non-rare earth magnets
Jan 23, 2015 United States
A patent for electric and hybrid EV motor design using non-rare earth magnets, will limit exposure to price fluctuations of rare earth magnets which are used in the majority of hybrid and pure electric vehicles produced today.
Electric Vehicles and Supercapacitors - interview with Franco Gonzalez
Jan 22, 2015
IDTechEx analyst Franco Gonzalez discusses some of the trends with Electric Vehicles and Energy Storage.
Oil price hits electric vehicle sales?
Jan 21, 2015 Worldwide
The oil price may stay low for many years due to oversupply. This will not affect the sales of electric road vehicles because their sales numbers decoupled from the oil price many years ago thanks to superior performance, subsidies and privileges such as no congestion charge.
Chevrolet Bolt EV concept signals brand's EV strategy
Jan 20, 2015 Worldwide
Chevrolet has made a significant statement on its commitment to electrification with the introduction of the Bolt EV concept - a vision for an affordable, long-range all-electric vehicle.
One step closer to a new generation of electric car battery
Jan 19, 2015 United States
An ultra-thin nanomaterial is at the heart of a major breakthrough by scientists who are in a global race to invent a cheaper, lighter and more powerful rechargeable battery for electric vehicles.
Unconquered Sun, University Of Windsor join forces
Jan 16, 2015 Canada
Sun Solar Technologies Inc has received the green light on government funding for an exciting new R&D collaboration with The University of Windsor aimed at optimizing Unconquered Sun's already popular Solar Fueled Electric Vehicle Powertrain technology.
- A revolution is slicing through the car industry.Electric Cars: The stakes are raised
- Solaris with Warsaw and Poznan Universities of Technology developed a bi-articulated, 24-metre electric bus based on the new version of the Urbino family that had its world premiere at IAA exhibition…Solaris and partners develop bi-articulated electric bus
- China has abolished export quotas for rare earth metals as the government complied with a World Trade Organization ruling in March last year.China ends rare earth export limits
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company and automaker BMW are teaming up to test the ability of electric vehicle batteries to provide valuable services to the electric grid.PG&E and BMW partner to extract grid benefits from electric vehicles
- A new electrode design for lithium-ion batteries has been shown to potentially reduce the charging time from hours to minutes by replacing the conventional graphite electrode with a network of…Nanoparticle network could bring fast-charging batteries
- Polaris Industries Inc has acquired the electric motorcycle business of Brammo Inc. In addition, Polaris is acting as a leading investor in a recapitalization of Brammo that enables the company to…Polaris acquires electric motorcycle business from Brammo
- A Fuel cell range extender will be used in light commercial vehicles to double the daily range of battery powered vehicles, a significant improvement that makes hydrogen-powered electric vehicles…Fuel cell range extender doubles range of EVs
- IDTechEx Research SubscribersThe motor market is doubling in value even over the underlying fast growth of the electric vehicle business, whether hybrid or pure electric.Electric Vehicle Motors Rise to Two per Vehicle - Creates $144 Billion
- Toyota Motor Corporation has announced that it will increase production of the "Mirai" fuel cell sedan.Toyota to increase 'Mirai' production
- IDTechEx are hosting a free webinar on Monday 26 January 2015 discussing the progress surrounding supercapacitor penetration.Webinar 26 January - Supercapacitors Market Penetration: Progress
- I think till the tire industry could join the project and draw a conductive mesh, specifically for this purpose. It's a great idea, until come the magnetization of highways, for vehicles run on…First demonstration of power transfer from wheels to power an EV
- I think the evolution of studies on electromagnetism will lead the man to radically change their concepts of mobility and road construction. These pathways may become elevated magnetovias and the…Tesla CEO Musk sees fully autonomous car ready in five or six years
- Congratulations and success to Dr Peter Harrop, Your presence in such event demonstrates the depth and seriousness of your work and of your whole team. Especially being at the University of Surrey,…Dr Peter Harrop to speak alongside Baroness Kramer at EV Summit
- What? Are they planning to let these drones fly along side the aircraft to do inspection!?Drones employed to inspect easyJet's fleet of 220 Airbus aircraft