Skyweb Express personal rapid transit system
May 5, 2015 United States
SkyWeb Express is an innovative personal rapid transit system that automatically takes you to the destination station of your choice non-stop at 30 mph
For batteries, one material does it all
May 4, 2015 United States
Engineers have created a battery that is made entirely out of one material, which can both move electricity and store it.
Partnership sparks development of batteries and powertrains
May 1, 2015 United Kingdom, Korea
A new collaboration agreement between MIRA and Samsung Techwin is set to bring forward the development of bespoke battery and powertrain systems for automotive and off-highway hybrid and electric vehicle applications.
Tracking exploding Lithium-ion batteries in real-time
Apr 30, 2015 United Kingdom
What happens when lithium-ion batteries overheat and explode has been tracked inside and out for the first time using sophisticated 3D imaging.
Better battery imaging paves way for renewable energy future
Apr 29, 2015
In a move that could improve the energy storage of everything from portable electronics to electric microgrids, University of Wisconsin-Madison and Brookhaven National Laboratory researchers have developed a novel X-ray imaging technique to visualize and study the electrochemical reactions in lithium-ion rechargeable batteries containing a new type of material, iron fluoride.
Cheaper magnetic material for cars, wind turbines
Apr 28, 2015 United States
Scientists have created a new magnetic alloy that is an alternative to traditional rare-earth permanent magnets.
3D-printed aerogels improve energy storage
Apr 27, 2015 United States
A new type of graphene aerogel will make for better energy storage, sensors, nanoelectronics, catalysis and separations.
IDTechEx: Invest now in fuel cell vehicles?
Apr 24, 2015 Worldwide
There is divided opinion on future of traction fuel cells in electric vehicles, though few argue any more that they will power the majority of electric vehicles.
Electric vehicles: better not cheaper
Apr 23, 2015 Worldwide
At analysts IDTechEx we are often questioned about our forecasts of prices of certain electric vehicles not going down over future years. The answer is twofold.
Goodbye, range anxiety?
Apr 22, 2015 United States
n the first study of its kind, scientists quantitatively show that electric vehicles will meet the daily travel needs of drivers longer than commonly assumed.
Beyond the lithium ion, significant step toward better battery
Apr 22, 2015 United States
Researchers have taken a significant step toward the development of a battery that could outperform the lithium-ion technology.
- Press ReleaseInnovate UK and the Office for low emission Vehicles are to invest up to £10 million in a single consortium to develop a pilot line to understand how to produce high-voltage electric vehicle…Spearheading future electric vehicle battery production
- Stanford University scientists have invented the first high-performance aluminum battery that's fast-charging, long-lasting and inexpensive. Researchers say the new technology offers a safe…Bendy battery provides safe alternative to conventional batteries
- IDTechEx Research SubscribersIn the third installment of the autonomous vehicles series, we look at the reasons behind making a vehicle that is fully or partly autonomous and plot a hype curve for the various types of autonomous…Autonomous Vehicles Part 3 - Reasons and Hype Curve
- Newcastle University in the UK was chosen by Boeing to develop an ultra-lightweight electric motor for an upper atmosphere electric aircraft. These spidery fixed-wing aircraft can have the wingspan…Ultra lightweight motors for electric drones and airliners
- Press ReleaseMinister of Transport in Germany, Alexander Dobrindt, satisfied himself of the technical capabilities of the Audi A7 piloted driving concept.Federal Minister of Transport Dobrindt tests piloted Audi
- SkyWeb Express is an innovative personal rapid transit system that automatically takes you to the destination station of your choice non-stop at 30 mphSkyweb Express personal rapid transit system
- Engineers have created a battery that is made entirely out of one material, which can both move electricity and store it.For batteries, one material does it all
- A new collaboration agreement between MIRA and Samsung Techwin is set to bring forward the development of bespoke battery and powertrain systems for automotive and off-highway hybrid and electric…Partnership sparks development of batteries and powertrains
- What happens when lithium-ion batteries overheat and explode has been tracked inside and out for the first time using sophisticated 3D imaging.Tracking exploding Lithium-ion batteries in real-time
- In a move that could improve the energy storage of everything from portable electronics to electric microgrids, University of Wisconsin-Madison and Brookhaven National Laboratory researchers have…Better battery imaging paves way for renewable energy future
- "could mean city dwellers needing less air conditioning" Not only dwellers, but other drivers benefit from fewer exhaust fumes from fossil fuelled vehicles. More often than not, if I am using…Hidden benefits of electric vehicles revealed
- I think till the tire industry could join the project and draw a conductive mesh, specifically for this purpose. It's a great idea, until come the magnetization of highways, for vehicles run on…First demonstration of power transfer from wheels to power an EV
- I think the evolution of studies on electromagnetism will lead the man to radically change their concepts of mobility and road construction. These pathways may become elevated magnetovias and the…Tesla CEO Musk sees fully autonomous car ready in five or six years
- Congratulations and success to Dr Peter Harrop, Your presence in such event demonstrates the depth and seriousness of your work and of your whole team. Especially being at the University of Surrey,…Dr Peter Harrop to speak alongside Baroness Kramer at EV Summit