IDTechEx interview Nuon Solar team 3.2.16
Feb 5, 2016 Australia, Netherlands
Every year, the Bridgestone World Solar Challenge sees solar cars from all over the world race right across Australia on sunshine. The Nuon Solar Team has won six times including October last year.
Over 300 million mild hybrid 48V vehicles in prospect
Feb 5, 2016 Worldwide
Analyst IDTechEx External Link has just completed a major study of 48V mild hybrid vehicles, releasing the brand new report Mild Hybrid 48V Vehicles 2016-2031.
Healthy disagreement on 48V mild hybrids
Feb 4, 2016 Worldwide
The end game with the 48V hybrid cars that will first appear in volume production in 2017 is having no 12V battery - just a beefy 48V one.
IDTechEx Show! Berlin - What Is New For 2016
Feb 4, 2016 Worldwide, Germany
The annual IDTechEx Show! will have a focus on green technologies in Berlin on 27-28 April.
£6M of funding to develop new powertrain technologies
Feb 3, 2016 United Kingdom
Morgan Motor Company is pleased to announce that it will lead a £6m project to develop new powertrain technologies.
Electric and sustainable family boat
Feb 2, 2016 Denmark
Electrically powered Picnic boat drives for up to 16 hours on a single charge.
IDTechEx Research Subscribers
Printed and flexible electronics in vehicles will reach $5.5bn by 2026
Feb 1, 2016 Worldwide
As printed and flexible electronics are beginning to proliferate, with a variety of components and devices coming to market, several end user verticals are expected to benefit from the host of advantages these technologies offer and the automotive sector is no exception. Overall, the market is expected to grow to over $5.5 Billion dollars in the next decade, spearheaded by the projected growth of in-mold electronics and OLED technologies, as…
ALISE Project to develop battery technology towards 500Wh/kg by 2019
Feb 1, 2016 Europe
ALISE is a pan European collaboration focused on the development and commercial scale-up of new materials as well as understanding the electrochemical processes involved in Lithium Sulfur technology.
Exciting line-up for conference on future electric vehicle technology
Jan 29, 2016 Worldwide
"The EV scene has changed radically in the last year," says Raghu Das CEO of IDTechEx, "and our forthcoming conference Electric Vehicles Everything is Changing will reflect that."
Drone can fly, dive underwater and float
Jan 28, 2016 United States
Loon Copter is a novel multi-rotor platform capable of traditional aerial flight, on-water surface operation, and sub aquatic diving.
Start-up or research company? Explore IDTechEx Launchpad Initiative
Jan 28, 2016 Worldwide
The IDTechEx Launchpad initiative is open to early-stage start-ups, universities, newly spun-out companies, research labs and government labs who can demonstrate a working prototype or product that highlights new advances in any of the related event topics of: 3d printing, electric vehicles, energy harvesting, graphene, internet of things, printed electronics, sensors, or wearable technology.
Self inflating electric stand up paddle boards
Jan 27, 2016 Slovenia
The SipaDrive is emission-free and barely audible, and provides 3 hours of fully assisted cruising at a speed of 2 knots and propulsion.
Printed and flexible electronics in vehicles: a $5.5bn opportunity
Jan 27, 2016 Worldwide
Printed and flexible electronics are beginning to proliferate, with a variety of components and devices coming to market. Several end-user verticals are expected to benefit from the host of advantages these technologies offer and the automotive sector is no exception.
- Scientists create nano-reactor for the production of hydrogen biofuelScientists have created a highly efficient biomaterial that catalyzes the formation of hydrogen -- one half of the "holy grail" of splitting H2O to make hydrogen and oxygen for fueling cheap and…
- Sludge-powered cars put the revs into a green revolutionUnited Utilities engineers at Davyhulme wastewater treatment works have taken delivery of a fleet of electric vehicles which will run on power generated by the plant itself.
- Worlds' first car that runs on formic acidA multidisciplinary team of 20 students from the University of Eindhoven, known as Team FAST, are building the world's first formic acid car.
- Designing the topology of ion nano-channels leads to cleaner fuelsAn international group of scientists have developed ion-exchange synthetic membranes based on amphiphilic compounds that are able to convert the energy of chemical reactions into electrical current.
- Personal vehicle moves in all directions including upwardsARCA Space Corporation has created ArcaBoard, a hoverboard that works over most surfaces.
- IDTechEx interview Nuon Solar team 3.2.16Every year, the Bridgestone World Solar Challenge sees solar cars from all over the world race right across Australia on sunshine. The Nuon Solar Team has won six times including October last year.
- Over 300 million mild hybrid 48V vehicles in prospectAnalyst IDTechEx External Link has just completed a major study of 48V mild hybrid vehicles, releasing the brand new report Mild Hybrid 48V Vehicles 2016-2031.
- Healthy disagreement on 48V mild hybridsThe end game with the 48V hybrid cars that will first appear in volume production in 2017 is having no 12V battery - just a beefy 48V one.
- IDTechEx Show! Berlin - What Is New For 2016The annual IDTechEx Show! will have a focus on green technologies in Berlin on 27-28 April.
- £6M of funding to develop new powertrain technologiesMorgan Motor Company is pleased to announce that it will lead a £6m project to develop new powertrain technologies.
- Electrochemistry to satisfy mass demandUtilization of other elements than Lithium is comendable. However lithium will be in plentiful supply as every dry lake in the world has a potential to produce lithium
- Ultrathin lithium rechargeable batteryI lead the 3D printing research at IDTechEx. It is possible to 3D print with nanoparticle inks (or conformal print on a surface), but I agree with Sandra that it is unclear what the advantage would…
- Ultrathin lithium rechargeable batteryWhy would you want to use 3D printing? Conventional printing technologies and layers of very thin membranes and conductive films are already in use in making energy storage devices. Conventional…
- Ultrathin lithium rechargeable batteryThanks. Is it possible to used 3D printing technology to make batteries with multiple thin-film anodes and cathodes using inks made of nano particles? Bhat