3D-printed aerogels improve energy storage
Apr 27, 2015 United States
A new type of graphene aerogel will make for better energy storage, sensors, nanoelectronics, catalysis and separations.
IDTechEx: Invest now in fuel cell vehicles?
Apr 24, 2015 Worldwide
There is divided opinion on future of traction fuel cells in electric vehicles, though few argue any more that they will power the majority of electric vehicles.
Electric vehicles: better not cheaper
Apr 23, 2015 Worldwide
At analysts IDTechEx we are often questioned about our forecasts of prices of certain electric vehicles not going down over future years. The answer is twofold.
Goodbye, range anxiety?
Apr 22, 2015 United States
n the first study of its kind, scientists quantitatively show that electric vehicles will meet the daily travel needs of drivers longer than commonly assumed.
Beyond the lithium ion, significant step toward better battery
Apr 22, 2015 United States
Researchers have taken a significant step toward the development of a battery that could outperform the lithium-ion technology.
Companies with One Trillion Euros sales present at the IDTechEx Show!
Apr 21, 2015 Worldwide
Companies with over One Trillion Euros in combined sales will present at IDTechEx's Event on Emerging Technologies. Tesco, Qualcomm, Ericsson, United Technologies, Jaguar Land Rover, Shell provide insights, products and use cases on printed electronics, energy harvesting, wearable technologies, IoT and more.
The MRV: next-gen automobile?
Apr 21, 2015 United States
The Modular Robotic Vehicle, or MRV, was developed at NASA's Johnson Space Center in order to advance technologies that have applications for future vehicles both in space and on Earth.
Electrolyte genome could be battery game-changer
Apr 21, 2015
A new breakthrough battery—one that has significantly higher energy, lasts longer, and is cheaper and safer—will likely be impossible without a new material discovery.
Trial of electric tricycles in the Philippines
Apr 20, 2015 Philippines
Fujitsu Limited and Global Mobility Service, Inc. have announced that they will commence field testing to expand services in the Republic of the Philippines so as to increase the prevalence of electric tricycles that use ICT.
IDTechEx analyses the high stakes of the future automotive industry
Apr 17, 2015 Worldwide
Why BASF sues Umicore, Toyota launches fuel cell cars, VW buys a solid state battery company and all car companies are rushing behind Google for automation? The bigger picture of the high stakes of the future automotive industry.
Venturi Antarctica has just completed its first test campaign
Apr 17, 2015 France
With Prince Albert II of Monaco at the wheel for the last session, the electric vehicle Venturi Antarctica has just completed its first test campaign.
- The IDTechEx conference Electric Vehicles: Everything is Changing tears up the rule book on the electric vehicles market, which will be worth $500 million by 2025 (IDTechEx Research figures 2015).Dramatic new approach to electric vehicles
- Press ReleaseInnovate UK and the Office for low emission Vehicles are to invest up to £10 million in a single consortium to develop a pilot line to understand how to produce high-voltage electric vehicle…Spearheading future electric vehicle battery production
- The arrival of a unique experimental demonstrator at NASA Armstrong Flight Research Center may herald a future in which many aircraft are powered by electric motors.LEAPTech to demonstrate electric propulsion technologies
- Stanford University scientists have invented the first high-performance aluminum battery that's fast-charging, long-lasting and inexpensive. Researchers say the new technology offers a safe…Bendy battery provides safe alternative to conventional batteries
- IDTechEx Research SubscribersIn the third installment of the autonomous vehicles series, we look at the reasons behind making a vehicle that is fully or partly autonomous and plot a hype curve for the various types of autonomous…Autonomous Vehicles Part 3 - Reasons and Hype Curve
- A new type of graphene aerogel will make for better energy storage, sensors, nanoelectronics, catalysis and separations.3D-printed aerogels improve energy storage
- There is divided opinion on future of traction fuel cells in electric vehicles, though few argue any more that they will power the majority of electric vehicles.IDTechEx: Invest now in fuel cell vehicles?
- At analysts IDTechEx we are often questioned about our forecasts of prices of certain electric vehicles not going down over future years. The answer is twofold.Electric vehicles: better not cheaper
- n the first study of its kind, scientists quantitatively show that electric vehicles will meet the daily travel needs of drivers longer than commonly assumed.Goodbye, range anxiety?
- Researchers have taken a significant step toward the development of a battery that could outperform the lithium-ion technology.Beyond the lithium ion, significant step toward better battery
- "could mean city dwellers needing less air conditioning" Not only dwellers, but other drivers benefit from fewer exhaust fumes from fossil fuelled vehicles. More often than not, if I am using…Hidden benefits of electric vehicles revealed
- I think till the tire industry could join the project and draw a conductive mesh, specifically for this purpose. It's a great idea, until come the magnetization of highways, for vehicles run on…First demonstration of power transfer from wheels to power an EV
- I think the evolution of studies on electromagnetism will lead the man to radically change their concepts of mobility and road construction. These pathways may become elevated magnetovias and the…Tesla CEO Musk sees fully autonomous car ready in five or six years
- Congratulations and success to Dr Peter Harrop, Your presence in such event demonstrates the depth and seriousness of your work and of your whole team. Especially being at the University of Surrey,…Dr Peter Harrop to speak alongside Baroness Kramer at EV Summit