Wireless charging 2016-2026
Aug 28, 2015 Worldwide
IDTechEx Research's brand new report analyses and forecasts the wireless charging market for electric vehicles and small electronics.
Hydrogen fuel cell technology for maritime applications
Aug 27, 2015 United States
The U.S. Department of Transportation's Maritime Administration has announced that it is providing $500,000 to support a feasibility study for the design, construction, and operation of a high-speed passenger ferry powered by hydrogen fuel cell technology and a hydrogen refueling station.
Research sets new record for generation of fuels from sunlight
Aug 26, 2015 Australia
Researchers have designed a solar fuel generating device that has established a new record in energy efficiency for the production of solar fuels.
Xterrain Inc launches the all terrain electric bicycle
Aug 26, 2015 United States
Xterrain, Inc. announces the release of their new XTERRAIN500 Electric Bicycle, with its special 10-inch wide ATV front tire.
IDTechEx Research Subscribers
Electric vehicle end game: self-powered, energy autonomous
Aug 25, 2015 Worldwide
The end-game with electric vehicles by land, water and air is for them to be self-powered. They will create all their electricity from ambient energy such as light, wind, waves and tide where necessary storing it until needed.
Mission to build a better battery for space exploration
Aug 25, 2015 United States
A research team has been awarded $1 million in NASA funding for its all solid-state battery, a game-changing technology that could potentially power future space missions.
Global view from Ukraine
Aug 24, 2015 Ukraine
We have created a new form of economy called the "Digital Economy". So, what's the point?
WalkCar, the world's smallest electric vehicle
Aug 21, 2015 Japan
WalkCar is the size of a laptop and is similar to a skateboard.
Electric buses: technology winners and losers
Aug 20, 2015 Worldwide
A trillion dollar opportunity to 2035, electric buses are being completely reinvented because they are the electric vehicle sector already attracting billion dollar orders and they can prevent millions of deaths and injuries from air pollution.
Powerful battery in Audi electric, cell modules from LG and Samsung
Aug 20, 2015 Korea, Europe
South Korean high tech companies LG Chem and Samsung SDI to invest in European battery cell production for Audi Battery electric SUV with a range of more than 500 kilometres.
Nissan lends EV expertise to eVADER pedestrian alert system project
Aug 19, 2015 Switzerland
In an innovative move to assist pedestrian recognition of electric vehicles, Nissan has taken a leading role in the European Commission-led project, eVADER, to create a pioneering audible pedestrian alert system.
High power energy harvesting takes shape
Aug 18, 2015 2 Worldwide
Plenty of kilowatts from no fuel. This dream ticket is a reality today from the rapid adoption of high power energy harvesting. Energy harvesting converts ambient energy into electricity where it is needed, off-grid.
Sunseeker Duo - crossing of the Alps
Aug 18, 2015 Switzerland
Another major milestone for the Sunseeker Duo has been set. Eric and Irena Raymond repeated the 2009 adventure of the Sunseeker II, crossing of the Alps in both directions this time with the Sunseeker Duo.
- Two weeks after having demonstrated AtlantikSolar's first 24-hour flight, the fixed-wing team of ETH Zurich's Autonomous Systems Lab reached another milestone:AtlantikSolar unmanned aerial vehicle endurance record
- Video interview with Canatu at Printed Electronics Europe.Canatu: 3D Shaped Touch Display for Automotive Industry
- Researchers have developed a new process to develop few-layer graphene for use in energy storage and other material applications that is faster, potentially scalable and surmounts some of the current…Faster more efficient system to produce graphene for energy storage
- Press ReleaseThe Royal Automobile Club of Western Australia has decided to impulse the electric vehicle through the first "Electric Highway" in the country.The first electric highway in Australia
- he University of Michigan has opened Mcity, the world's first controlled environment specifically designed to test the potential of connected and automated vehicle technologies that will lead the way…Test environment for connected and driverless vehicles
- IDTechEx Research's brand new report analyses and forecasts the wireless charging market for electric vehicles and small electronics.Wireless charging 2016-2026
- The U.S. Department of Transportation's Maritime Administration has announced that it is providing $500,000 to support a feasibility study for the design, construction, and operation of a high-speed…Hydrogen fuel cell technology for maritime applications
- Researchers have designed a solar fuel generating device that has established a new record in energy efficiency for the production of solar fuels.Research sets new record for generation of fuels from sunlight
- Press ReleaseXterrain, Inc. announces the release of their new XTERRAIN500 Electric Bicycle, with its special 10-inch wide ATV front tire.Xterrain Inc launches the all terrain electric bicycle
- IDTechEx Research SubscribersThe end-game with electric vehicles by land, water and air is for them to be self-powered. They will create all their electricity from ambient energy such as light, wind, waves and tide where…Electric vehicle end game: self-powered, energy autonomous
- Great post! Thank you extending your effort for the benefit of efficient power consumption.Energy harvesting gets powerful
- Plenty more examples of Airborne Wind Turbines are availableHigh power energy harvesting takes shape
- -48V products and Batteries have been around for decades. See telecom POTS line, lots of low cost dc/dc isolated converters.48V vehicle systems becoming significant
- great innovation for the environmentJoint venture to reduce air pollution