Inside the future electric vehicle
Mar 6, 2015 Worldwide
Electric vehicle events concentrate too much on three Cs - commercials, cars, copying each other. Cars will be only 34% of the electric vehicle value market in 2025. We must understand the totally different future, including for cars.
New range extenders for hybrid electric vehicles in 2015
Mar 6, 2015 Worldwide
According to the IDTechEx report Range Extenders for Electric Vehicles Land, Water & Air 2015-2025 over eight million hybrid cars will be made in 2025, with a range extender, the additional power source that distinguishes them from pure-electric.
Another reason to be close to Asahi Kasei
Mar 6, 2015 Japan
Lithium-ion and lead-acid battery separator firm Polypore International has been sold for around $3.2billion in two separate deals. The US company sold its Energy Storage business to Japanese firm Asahi Kasei Corporation for around $2.2billion and its Separations Media segment to US based 3M Co for around $1billion.
Different electric vehicles pioneer best technology first
Mar 6, 2015 Worldwide
To benchmark new technology for electric vehicles it is vital to look at all of the off-road, on-road, water and airborne e-vehicles.
Next-generation electric vehicle motor
Mar 5, 2015 United Kingdom
New prototype 85kW synchronous reluctance drive designed primarily for electric vehicle traction applications. Avoids the use of expensive rare earth elements, provides uncompromised performance at significantly reduced cost.
3D printed cars
Mar 5, 2015 Worldwide
At the start, there was no generic name. The simple glass of the car windshield started to incorporate printed antennas and heaters. It was what we now know as "structural electronics" - one structure performing mechanical, electrical and other functions.
New research could lead to more efficient electrical energy storage
Mar 5, 2015 United States
Researchers have identified electrical charge-induced changes in the structure and bonding of graphitic carbon electrodes that may one day affect the way energy is stored.
Murata interview at IDTechEx event
Mar 5, 2015 Worldwide
Murata Electronics is a worldwide leader in research, design, manufacture and sale of ceramic based passive electronic components, power supply and wireless module solutions. Learn more in this interview made at the IDTechEx Printed Electronics USA show.
Cameras in drones: Rapid progress for $1bn plus non-military market
Mar 4, 2015 Worldwide
Most drones are and will remain electric as detailed in the new IDTechEx report, "Electric Drones: Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) 2015-2025."
Borrowing from whales for energy harvester
Mar 4, 2015 United States
How can a humpback whale and a device that works on the same principle as the clicker that starts your gas grill help an unmanned aerial vehicle fly longer and with more stability?
Electronic Carnot Engine (ECE) - A new range extender?
Mar 3, 2015 United States
Kanslab's Electronic Carnot Engine (ECE) is a solid-state thermal engine with no moving parts. Through thermal cycles of free-electrons in metal or semiconductor, ECE converts thermal energy into electricity in high efficiency.
- This low cost event attracted about 360 delegates and about 21 exhibitors and the speakers were global and of high calibre.Learnings from Future Powertrain Conference Solihull UK 25-26 Feb
- It started with the bicycle dynamo and now no self-respecting vehicle designer ignores the possibility of many forms of energy harvesting in his design of a land vehicle.Energy harvesting proliferates in land vehicles
- IDTechEx Research SubscribersThe motor market is doubling in value even over the underlying fast growth of the electric vehicle business, whether hybrid or pure electric.Electric Vehicle Motors Rise to Two per Vehicle - Creates $144 Billion
- IDTechEx Research SubscribersThis article focuses on the highlights of the second day of the AABC Conference 2015 in Mainz Germany, specifically in the Electrochemical Capacitor Symposium.IDTechEx report from the first major supercapacitor event of 2015
- Savannah, the first superyacht to feature an eco-friendly blend of single diesel engine, three gensets, batteries, propeller, azimuting thruster and a streamlined hull shape.World's first hybrid superyacht
- Electric vehicle events concentrate too much on three Cs - commercials, cars, copying each other. Cars will be only 34% of the electric vehicle value market in 2025. We must understand the totally…Inside the future electric vehicle
- According to the IDTechEx report Range Extenders for Electric Vehicles Land, Water & Air 2015-2025 over eight million hybrid cars will be made in 2025, with a range extender, the additional power…New range extenders for hybrid electric vehicles in 2015
- Lithium-ion and lead-acid battery separator firm Polypore International has been sold for around $3.2billion in two separate deals. The US company sold its Energy Storage business to Japanese firm…Another reason to be close to Asahi Kasei
- To benchmark new technology for electric vehicles it is vital to look at all of the off-road, on-road, water and airborne e-vehicles.Different electric vehicles pioneer best technology first
- New prototype 85kW synchronous reluctance drive designed primarily for electric vehicle traction applications. Avoids the use of expensive rare earth elements, provides uncompromised performance at…Next-generation electric vehicle motor
- I think till the tire industry could join the project and draw a conductive mesh, specifically for this purpose. It's a great idea, until come the magnetization of highways, for vehicles run on…First demonstration of power transfer from wheels to power an EV
- I think the evolution of studies on electromagnetism will lead the man to radically change their concepts of mobility and road construction. These pathways may become elevated magnetovias and the…Tesla CEO Musk sees fully autonomous car ready in five or six years
- Congratulations and success to Dr Peter Harrop, Your presence in such event demonstrates the depth and seriousness of your work and of your whole team. Especially being at the University of Surrey,…Dr Peter Harrop to speak alongside Baroness Kramer at EV Summit
- What? Are they planning to let these drones fly along side the aircraft to do inspection!?Drones employed to inspect easyJet's fleet of 220 Airbus aircraft