Rice husks into lithium-ion anodes for plug-in electric vehicles
Apr 29, 2016 United States
Rice is one of the top three staple foods in the world. But in the future, it may be a key part of the battery in your plug-in electric vehicle.
Webinar Thursday 12 May - Batteries for Electric Buses
Apr 29, 2016 Worldwide
IDTechEx are hosting a free webinar on Thursday 12 May 2016 - Batteries for Electric Buses: Technologies and Marke.t
World's first operational road transport hybrid system
Apr 28, 2016 France
The UltraBoost ST uses a compact and lightweight YASA motor to recover kinetic energy, otherwise lost as heat during braking, and stores it in high-power graphene-based ultra capacitors.
IDTechEx Research Subscribers
Rate of improvement of Lithium-ion batteries for EVs
Apr 27, 2016
The future of the electric vehicle industry land, water and air largely hangs on the improvement of lithium-ion batteries over the coming decade when no alternatives will be ready for market dominance.
Future powertrains for electric vehicles: huge opportunities
Apr 27, 2016 Worldwide
The new IDTechEx report, Future Powertrains 2016-2031 concerns the twenty year future of powertrains for land vehicles, including reference to water and airborne vehicles as appropriate. The primary emphasis is on the most important applications by market value - cars and buses - and the most important powertrain types by value potential but most of this analysis is directly applicable to most other vehicles.
Two sudden changes in electric vehicles
Apr 26, 2016 Worldwide
This year sees two sudden changes in electric vehicles predicted by IDTechEx. To expand on what we said last week, the supply of new strong hybrids that do not plug in - like the traditional Prius - has all but ended.
IDTechEx Research Subscribers
AVERE e-Mobility Conference Amsterdam 13-14.4.16
Apr 25, 2016
IDTechEx report on their attendance at the AVERE e-Mobility Conference in Amsterdam.
Airbus Group, Siemens agreement for hybrid electric propulsion systems
Apr 25, 2016 Germany
Airbus Group and Siemens have signed a collaboration agreement in the field of hybrid electric propulsion. In doing so, both companies have launched a major joint project towards the electrification of aviation with the goal of demonstrating the technical feasibility of various hybrid/electric propulsion systems by 2020.
Europe's most important event on emerging technologies opens next week
Apr 22, 2016 Worldwide
To date, attendee registrations are up by 17% and exhibiting organizations are up by 27% on last year.
Death of hybrid vehicles?
Apr 22, 2016 1 Worldwide
Sales of hybrid cars in the USA collapsed from 3.2% of car sales in 2013 to under 2% in 2015 as Americans responded to the sharply reduced oil price. However the oil price will recover eventually so commentary that it heralds the death of hybrid vehicles is wide of the mark. Indeed hybrid car sales outside the USA were sharply up.
3D printed aircraft to aircraft to navigate through ice
Apr 22, 2016 United Kingdom
A tiny, pilotless, 3D printed aircraft has launched from the Royal Navy's ice patrol ship HMS Protector for the first time to assist with navigating through the Antarctic.
Charging the future at Berlin Electric Vehicle Conference
Apr 21, 2016 Worldwide, Germany
At the conference, Electric Vehicles: Everything is Changing as part of the IDTechEx Show!, April 27-28, the future of vehicle charging will be revealed and put in context.
IDTechEx Research Subscribers
Speech by Diarmuid O'Connell, VP, Tesla Motors
Apr 20, 2016 Worldwide
IDTechEx attended a presentation by Diarmuid O'Connell of Tesla Motors at the AVERE E-Mobility event in Amsterdam 13 April 2016, summarised here.
- First phase of guidance notes for drones and UAS launchedNew guidance approach supports industry in the safe and effective deployment of next generation drone and unmanned aircraft systems technology that can significantly improve productivity gains…
- First pure electric double decker buses on streets of LondonA short ceremony welcomed the arrival on London streets of a global first - a completely emissions free pure electric double decker especially designed and developed for Transport for London by BYD.
- New e-bike and scooter with original designETT Industries has announced the global launch of RAKER and TRAYSER electric bikes.
- BOC and ITM Power sign hydrogen refuelling & siting agreementBOC has announced that it has signed an agreement with ITM Power to provide infrastructure for ITM Power's new electrolyser-based hydrogen refuelling stations for passenger cars.
- Volocopter is flying manned, a step forward in urban mobilityThe premiere of manned flights with the world's first certified Multicopter, e-volo's Volocopter VC200, marks a step forward in urban mobility.
- Rice husks into lithium-ion anodes for plug-in electric vehiclesRice is one of the top three staple foods in the world. But in the future, it may be a key part of the battery in your plug-in electric vehicle.
- Webinar Thursday 12 May - Batteries for Electric BusesIDTechEx are hosting a free webinar on Thursday 12 May 2016 - Batteries for Electric Buses: Technologies and Marke.t
- World's first operational road transport hybrid systemThe UltraBoost ST uses a compact and lightweight YASA motor to recover kinetic energy, otherwise lost as heat during braking, and stores it in high-power graphene-based ultra capacitors.
- IDTechEx Research SubscribersRate of improvement of Lithium-ion batteries for EVsThe future of the electric vehicle industry land, water and air largely hangs on the improvement of lithium-ion batteries over the coming decade when no alternatives will be ready for market…
- Future powertrains for electric vehicles: huge opportunitiesThe new IDTechEx report, Future Powertrains 2016-2031 concerns the twenty year future of powertrains for land vehicles, including reference to water and airborne vehicles as appropriate. The primary…
- Death of hybrid vehicles?Thanks.
- CPT aims for near full-hybrid capability with new SpeedTorq unitGreat ideas. Anyhow it is still can be improvise. We're still relying on fossil fuel directly or indirectly to provide electrical energy to move our hybrid vehicle. Also we're producing tons…
- Power Plaza presents its Yebbujana R2 electric roadsterAmericans are not interested in driving at a constant 37 mph. What is the range at a speed like 100kph (62 mph)?
- Autonomous delivery robotsGreat.Low cost will enhance its potential. However, its safety and security on delivery path will be a real concern specially in developing countries.
IDTechEx Research: Mild Hybrid 48V Vehicles - an overview
This short presentation by IDTechEx Chairman Dr Peter Harrop gives an overview of mild hybrid 48V vehicles technology and markets.
IDTechEx Research: Printed Electronics for the Automotive Industry
This short video will focus on the expectations of printed electronics technologies in the automotive industry over the next decade.