Webinar Title: How Progress and Innovation in Robotic Technology is Transforming Agriculture
Date: Tuesday 20 June 2017
Presenter: Dr. Khasha Ghaffarzadeh, Research Director, IDTechEx
Space is limited - reserve your seat today!
Robotic technology is quietly transforming many aspects of agriculture. In this webinar we will consider:
1. Navigational autonomy: Agriculture is a leading adaptor of outdoor navigational autonomy technology thanks to GBS-based auto-steer tractors. We will consider how in the short term this technology will evolve towards full autonomy, whilst also discussing how and why it has the long-term potential to completely transfigure the design of agricultural machinery from a fleet of few fast, heavy, manned vehicles to that of many small, slow, driverless ones.
2. Vision technology and ultra-precision agriculture: We will discuss how improvements in vision technology together with ever growing datasets are enabling ultra-precision agriculture, enabling robots to take site- or plant-specific action. This development has the potential to radically alter the agrochemical business, changing it from bulk supply of few non-selective herbicides to supply of many niche specialized selective herbicides.
3. Increasing value capture by data-related services: Drones, robotics, and data analytics firms are helping digitize one of the least digitized major industries, completely transforming the value chain with data-related activities capturing an increasing share of the overall value.
4. Fresh fruit picking: We will consider how progress on rapid object recognition and path planning together specially-designed robotic arms is slowly helping enable robotic fresh fruit picking.
5. Robotic dairy farming: We will discuss how robotic milking has already become a successful billion-dollar industry, and how even mobile robots are finding their way into dairy farming.
For more see the IDTechEx Research report "Agricultural Robots and Drones 2017-2027: Technologies, Markets, Players" (www.IDTechEx.com/agri ).
We will be holding exactly the same webinar twice in one day. Please register for whichever session is most convenient for you. Regular attendees please be aware that our morning sessions now start at 10am BST/GMT+1.
Please note that your details may be shared with our sponsors.
Date: Tuesday 20 June 2017
Duration: 30 minutes plus 10 minutes for Q&A
Webinar #1: Europe & Asia-Pacific
10:00am (BST/GMT+1) London
11:00am (GMT+2) Amsterdam, Berlin, Rome
12:00noon (GMT+3) Athens, Jerusalem
4:00pm (GMT+7) Bangkok
5:00pm (GMT+8) Singapore, Taipei, Beijing
6:00pm (GMT+9) Tokyo, Seoul
7:00pm (GMT+10) Canberra
Webinar #2: Americas
9:00am (Pacific DT) USA & Canada
10:00am (Mountain DT) USA & Canada
11:00am (Central DT) USA & Canada
12:00noon (Eastern DT) USA & Canada
5:00pm (BST/GMT+1) London