NEVS recently displayed the new InMotion Concept for the very first time in Shanghai. This is not a normal car - it´s a vision on how we in the future can travel safely and efficiently through a big city, without owning the car - and without a driver.
All the flexible high tech features in the InMotion Concept makes this journey a very pleasant one, no matter if you are working, resting or going with your friends.
The NEVS InMotion concept has been created as a vision for level 5 autonomous vehicle, where the interior will be adapted for what the passengers need it for. Flexibility is a key word for InMotion.
Upon arrival, InMotion will welcome the customer and prepare the interior space according to their personal needs. Occupants only enter and exit the vehicle from a large curb side door to increase safety.
Extending the personalization experience InMotion provides seamless continuity from the previous ride, should the users wish. Or, the ambiance can be altered on the fly via an App. By using a mobile App to control InMotion functionality, the interior space is left uncluttered. Occupants access the App to control seat movements, lighting ambiance and environment.
"This design is starting from an interior perspective, with the intention of showing how people can add quality to their lives by filling the time of travelling with value, and not wasting it by being stuck behind the wheel, sometimes for hours just to get across the downtown areas. This is why we are displaying this flexible and very user friendly concept. This is unique compared to others", says Jonas Hernqvist, Vice President of Sales & Marking at NEVS.
FACTS about Opportunities InMotion:
You can use NEVS InMotion to reduce congestion
- Effective use of shared mobility in conjunction with interconnected autonomous transport systems means more time for family, friends, leisure and work.
- More effective mobility solutions means reduced number of cars and parking spaces - more spaces, green areas and human-centric city development.
You can use NEVS InMotion to reduce pollution
- Effective use of electric cars means that we in the long run can spend time outside without worrying about your health.
- Intelligent mobility systems contributing to integrated sustainable city means less pollution, better health and safer roads
You can use NEVS InMotion to provide convenience
- The users will have a flexible access to a car, without car ownership- That means the best type of vehicle for your different needs on-demand to go anywhere, anytime.
- Flexible user space means you have the opportunity to relax, create, or socialise in your own personalised environment depending on your current needs.
NEVS was founded in 2012 and acquired the main assets of the Saab Automobile bankruptcy estates. The company is owned by NME Holdings Ltd., Tianjin Bin Hai Hi-tech Industrial Development Area (THT) and State Research Information Technology Co Ltd (SRIT).
NEVS' head office and main research and development facilities are located in Trollhättan, Sweden. NEVS' car production plant is located in Trollhättan, with a second production plant and a R&D Centre under construction in Tianjin, China, as well as a production plant in Fujian, China.
source and top image: NEVS
Learn more at the next leading event on the topic: Energy Independent Electric Vehicles 2017 on 27 - 28 Sep 2017 in TU Delft, Delft, Netherlands hosted by IDTechEx.