Hosted by IDTechEx
Expert insight into global developments
LAND-SEA-AIR
HomeEventsReportsAdvertiseTVCareersAbout UsSign-up or LoginIDTechExTwitterFacebookLinkedInGoogle+YoutubeRSSForward To Friend

Volvo and SAIC Electric Bus joint-venture

Posted on May 09, 2011 by Kathryn Greaves
Energy Harvesting: Off-grid Renewable Power for De
Much discussion is being held in relation to the role of China in the EV market. Expectations are high but whether national companies and initiatives can take full advantage of the substantial government support available remains to be seen.
 
One such venture that is hoping to benefit from Beijing's funding is the Volvo and SAIC Electric Bus partnership. The joint venture will develop driveline systems for hybrid and electric buses in Shanghai, pending governmental authorization. A new production facility will manufacture and test the prototypes.
 
SAIC Motor dominate the partnership financially with a 60% ownership share, investing $9.1m of the total $15.2m outlay. Volvo take the remaining 40% share and contribute $6.1m.
 
This is not new territory for the partnership who have been operating the Sunwin Bus company for the past decade in China, delivering a total of 332 new energy buses.
 
Volvo also develop the 7700 Hybrid city bus, offering up to 35 percent fuel savings, 40-50 percent lower exhaust emissions, and the Volvo B5L Hybrid double-decker.
 
For more attend Electric Vehicles Land Sea Air  External Link in June in Stuttgart, Germany. Never before has there been an opportunity in Europe for people in land, water and air electric vehicles and their components, infrastructure and test equipment to compare notes in one event. Delegates already signed up vary from Airbus, Hudson Power Sports and Hudson Yachts to Sony, the Bulgarian Electric Vehicle Association and Robert Bosch Venture Capital.
 
 
Electrochemical Double Layer Capacitors: Supercapa
Kathryn Greaves

Authored By: Kathryn Greaves

Related Posts

Related IDTechEx Events

Related Research Reports from IDTechEx

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.
Please enter the numbers and/or letters in the image.
Required fields are marked *
  • Popular
  • Recent
  • Comments
Asia Forum 6
Asia Forum 5