IDTechEx conducts detailed examinations of emerging technologies based on extensive primary research carried out by our technical analysts around the world. Research is delivered in two main formats:
Reports assess a particular technology, market vertical or territory. They appraise the market opportunity with detailed forecasts and assess the technologies, competitive landscape, value chain drivers, barriers, case studies and global trends.
Market Intelligence Subscriptions
Access company profiles, webinars, timely feature articles, forecasts, benchmarking tools and company presentations in addition to reports in an online, searchable platform, delivering you the data you need when you need it.
- Scientists create nano-reactor for the production of hydrogen biofuelScientists have created a highly efficient biomaterial that catalyzes the formation of hydrogen -- one half of the "holy grail" of splitting H2O to make hydrogen and oxygen for fueling cheap and…
- BMW presents the contactless touchscreenBMW Group is presenting a Vision Car to demonstrate what the interior and the user interface of the future might look like.
- Sludge-powered cars put the revs into a green revolutionUnited Utilities engineers at Davyhulme wastewater treatment works have taken delivery of a fleet of electric vehicles which will run on power generated by the plant itself.
- Worlds' first car that runs on formic acidA multidisciplinary team of 20 students from the University of Eindhoven, known as Team FAST, are building the world's first formic acid car.
- Designing the topology of ion nano-channels leads to cleaner fuelsAn international group of scientists have developed ion-exchange synthetic membranes based on amphiphilic compounds that are able to convert the energy of chemical reactions into electrical current.
- IDTechEx interview Nuon Solar team 3.2.16Every year, the Bridgestone World Solar Challenge sees solar cars from all over the world race right across Australia on sunshine. The Nuon Solar Team has won six times including October last year.
- Over 300 million mild hybrid 48V vehicles in prospectAnalyst IDTechEx External Link has just completed a major study of 48V mild hybrid vehicles, releasing the brand new report Mild Hybrid 48V Vehicles 2016-2031.
- Healthy disagreement on 48V mild hybridsThe end game with the 48V hybrid cars that will first appear in volume production in 2017 is having no 12V battery - just a beefy 48V one.
- IDTechEx Show! Berlin - What Is New For 2016The annual IDTechEx Show! will have a focus on green technologies in Berlin on 27-28 April.
- £6M of funding to develop new powertrain technologiesMorgan Motor Company is pleased to announce that it will lead a £6m project to develop new powertrain technologies.
- Electrochemistry to satisfy mass demandUtilization of other elements than Lithium is comendable. However lithium will be in plentiful supply as every dry lake in the world has a potential to produce lithium
- Ultrathin lithium rechargeable batteryI lead the 3D printing research at IDTechEx. It is possible to 3D print with nanoparticle inks (or conformal print on a surface), but I agree with Sandra that it is unclear what the advantage would…
- Ultrathin lithium rechargeable batteryWhy would you want to use 3D printing? Conventional printing technologies and layers of very thin membranes and conductive films are already in use in making energy storage devices. Conventional…
- Ultrathin lithium rechargeable batteryThanks. Is it possible to used 3D printing technology to make batteries with multiple thin-film anodes and cathodes using inks made of nano particles? Bhat