A current major topic of conversation within the advanced battery and electric vehicle industry is the future of battery technology and chemistries in the context of energy density, safety and cost. In answer to the need for information and healthy debate in this area, delegates to The Battery Show Conference and co-located Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Technology Expo Conference in September, will be treated to a full program of papers and discussions covering every aspect of advanced battery R&D, along with the many applications of materials science within the commercial world of energy storage.
Franco Gonzalez Technology Analyst at IDTechEx will be presenting a paper on Tuesday 16 Septbember at the event on "Electric vehicles - land, water and air applications, 2014-2024" in track 2 at 15:05.
Key themes and speakers include:
- Beyond Li-Ion keynote with Dr Venkat Srinvasan (JCESR), Dr Abbas Nazri (Wayne State), Dr Bob Powell (GM), and Professor Yet-Ming Chiang (MIT);
- R&D updates and Materials Science for Battery Components with Robert Privette (VP XG Sciences) Dr Youngho (Argonne), Ann Marie Sastry (Sakti 3), Aviv Tzidon (Phinergy), Dr Levi Thompson (University of Michigan), and Professor Bob Savinell (University of Cleveland);
- EV Battery Development trends, Ultracapacitors and Fuel Cells with Joe LoGrasso (GM), Carlton Brown (Bosch Battery Systems), Dr Ping Liu (ARPA-E), James Francfort (Idaho National Lab), David J. Berels (Ricardo), Don Bizon (Delphi), Dennis Corrigan (Wayne State), Shinichi Hirano (Ford);
- Utility Energy Storage keynote with John Gagge (EnerSys), Dr John Lemmon (ARPA- E), Archan (Arch) Padmanabhan (Tesla Motors), and Angelina Galiteva (California ISO):
- Reinventing lead acid with David E. Cole (Center for Automotive Research), Boris Monahov (ALABC), Dr Subhash Dhar (EnergyPowerSystems), Dr Subhas Chalasani, (East Penn Manufacturing Co), and Dr Ed Shaffer, CEO, Advanced Battery Concepts
Meanwhile, a full schedule of other topics relating to advanced batteries and electric & hybrid vehicles will include: Advanced battery manufacturing, Reinventing lead acid, Battery safety, testing and modelling, Battery pack design and engineering, Utility Energy Storage - Regulatory Drivers, Technologies and Innovation, Battery Recycling and Second Life, Battery Management Systems, Regulatory Impact on Powertrain Design and Development, Electric & Hybrid Architecture Trends, Vehicle Power Management, Heavy Hybrid Applications and Technology Options, Light Electrification / Mild Hybrid / 48V Architecture, Off-Highway Electrification and Hybridization Requirements.
The conference takes place against the backdrop of America's premier exhibition relating to advanced energy storage, electric and hybrid vehicles and charging infrastructure: The ￼Battery Show and Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Technology Expo.
Conference Director, Mindy Emsley commented that this year's conference marks another step forward for the show overall, and builds on the success of last year's event: "The multi- track program was well received by delegates, so we have built on this with an improved offering; the calibre and range of speakers is improving and the breadth of topics is increasing each year. We're especially pleased with the growing support of the OEM community and their key suppliers. The involvement of companies such as Tesla, Nissan, Peugeot Citroen, Porsche, Continental, Delphi and Lotus Engineering to name a few, is testament to the growing importance of the event to the industry. Beyond automotive, and looking to small format consumer applications, utility energy storage, R&D and materials science, the event is attracting the participation of key players such as Dell, Stanley Black & Decker, Medtronic, Boston Scientific, California ISO, Department of Energy, Detroit Edison, San Diego Gas & Electric, and key academic and national laboratory experts. The largest battery supply chain exhibition in North America, now offers the most comprehensive conference as well."
See http://www.thebatteryshow.com/ for full details on the event.
To register for your Press Pass, allowing access to the entire conference and co-located exhibitions, visit www.thebatteryshow.com/media/press-registration
IDTechEx are exhibiting at stand E811.